Saturday, January 10, 2009

Score

We took a day trip up to San Antone today. It was nice to get out of town and play a little bit. We did not have much of an agenda set and I wondered what Clark was thinking when he told me he wanted to go to the mall.
"What?"
"Why?"
"Your worst case scenario of an outing is me shopping and you chasing the boys through the stores, pulling them out from under clothing racks. Why do you want to go to the mall?"
"Just to look around." Hmmm. That is very odd to me.
Well, like a homing pigeon he found the mall and my favorite store. As we enter the store and I hear angels singing, "aaaaaahhhhhhh," he says to me, "Remember how you said that sometimes I don't meet your needs? You know, emotionally?"
Done. Needs met. Thank you very much. Fellas...Take note. It's just that easy.
And, to top off the whole experience, I bought a beautiful sweater that was marked down from $168.00 to.... Are you ready for this?........$19.95.......Can you believe it?... I was expecting it to be $59.95 because it was on that sale rack, but the tag had fallen off. After my girl rang it up she said, 19.95....And the angels sing again "aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh". Lucky girl. Emotionally and financially fulfilled.
The following are picture taken down on the Riverwalk. We had an early dinner at The Hard Rock Cafe then a little stroll along the water. It is one of our favorite places to visit.
(Note the lovely new sweater.)






4 comments:

Valerie Koop said...

SCORE IS RIGHT!!! Love your sweater.
What a fun, fun day.

Good job, Clark. :)

cat said...

No fair! I never get to go to Anthro...I am a tad-bit jealous.It was a score indeed:)

Anonymous said...

A. I love the dialogue here.
B. I REALLY LOVE the sweater. You have always been the best bargain shopper. You always find great deals yet still look like a knock out.

If I get a good deal, I look like I got a good deal!!!

Marli, Kane, Colter, Bode and Willie Nelson said...

Fun Paula, maybe kane could take lessons from Clark.. I love your sweater...