Today would be Grammer's 88th birthday. It's hard to believe she has been gone almost a year. It's even harder to believe it has been well over a year that these photos were taken as the boys and I said our goodbyes, telling her we'd be back soon to visit in their new home, a retirement home, never to see nor speak with her again. Our weekly phone conversations ceased on that day. Monthly letters and "allowance" addressed to Paula Precious never again arrived, it never again arrived for the first time in 30 years. I was not there when she passed. I was, however, planning our next surprise visit, hoping to hear her say, as we enter the room, "Well, there's nothing to do but cry."
And, today, there's nothing to do but cry.
I miss you Grammer. (I made a Luna Mansion mud pie in your honor...)
3 comments:
Oh my gosh. I have a lump in my throat. I am so sorry. She sounds like an amazing woman ... and I know she is with you each and every day.
bonjour !
First time i come across your blog, so i'm gonna visit now :)
well if you wanna check out my daily collage inspirations, come and visit my blog boubouteatime if you have some time,
a bientot :)
Boubou xx
I totally understand. I miss my Grandma all the time.
Post a Comment