Friday, July 29, 2011

First Days

The boys are officially first graders.  It has been such a smooth transition into our new year and new routine.  The boys made the decision to have their own teachers and own classrooms this year. As a twin mom this was something that I had put a lot of thought into, research, inquiring of other mothers and teachers.  It came as a relief to me that they made the decision, easily I might add, to go their separate ways.  And, so far, it has not been a problem.

While most of our friends are still enjoying days at the beach and afternoons at the pool I can not complain about being back to school in July.  About the time they are heading back we will have our first 9 days off in which we will celebrate turning 7 back in our old stomping grounds... Montana! 

First day of school...


 This picture of Henry was taken last weekend while waiting for a table at our favorite breakfast spot in San Antonio. It has nothing to do with school but I think it's cute of him studying his Highlights mag.

 Of note...  I took this picture last night at our downtown fountain area. Nelson was having such a blast splashing in the water while finding relief from the ridiculous S. Texas heat.  Just moments after I snapped this he jammed his long toe (the one next to the big toe) into one of those metal strips you see on the concrete blocks.  I could tell by the sound of his cry, silent-then-wail, that it was not good.  We headed home, iced it, and put him to bed. He woke us in the middle of the night in agony... After further review and with the obvious swelling I think it may be broken.  The school nurse taped it up and he went on to class.  Apparently they can't do much for a broken toe... We shall see. 

1 comment:

Hoffman's said...

Ouch! I feel for that little man, as I broke the same toe last summer...it is a long healing process and the toe nail will never be the same. Stay strong buddy, stay strong. Looking forward to seeing you all...