The boys were really excited about the hurricane potential. During a tornado warning (we're still under a watch as I type this), I built a "bat cave" with our mattress and blankets, stocked with goodies, water, flashlights etc.. After the warning was lifted we came out and the boys immediately destroyed it. Any future warnings, I decided, would be spent in the closet or bathtub, no more "bat cave" building for me! Here's a couple of pics of H&N checking out the rain yesterday morning... Oh, and FYI, Nelson picked out their special hurricane outfits for the day!
Thursday, July 24, 2008
Dolly Update
The storm has passed and we are happy to report--no damage! The only thing we received was a lot of rain and a bit of wind, never getting over 35 mph. I think they had some damage in town, flooding and trees down, but we're enough off the coast we dodged that.
The boys were really excited about the hurricane potential. During a tornado warning (we're still under a watch as I type this), I built a "bat cave" with our mattress and blankets, stocked with goodies, water, flashlights etc.. After the warning was lifted we came out and the boys immediately destroyed it. Any future warnings, I decided, would be spent in the closet or bathtub, no more "bat cave" building for me! Here's a couple of pics of H&N checking out the rain yesterday morning... Oh, and FYI, Nelson picked out their special hurricane outfits for the day!
The boys were really excited about the hurricane potential. During a tornado warning (we're still under a watch as I type this), I built a "bat cave" with our mattress and blankets, stocked with goodies, water, flashlights etc.. After the warning was lifted we came out and the boys immediately destroyed it. Any future warnings, I decided, would be spent in the closet or bathtub, no more "bat cave" building for me! Here's a couple of pics of H&N checking out the rain yesterday morning... Oh, and FYI, Nelson picked out their special hurricane outfits for the day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I think those outfits are exactly the way "real" hurricane tracker people should wear. The boys looked perfect. Tell them their Nana won a gold medal in the Wyoming State Senior Olympic golf tournament.
Post a Comment