Monday, July 21, 2008

Hello Dolly!


This morning I awoke to Clark phoning to tell me we have a potentially exciting time coming our way. We are in full hurricane preparation mode here in South Texas. Probably way over reacting at this point, but being new to the area of tropical depressions and hurricanes, from a land-locked state to boot, this is all new to me. In my head I had envisioned hearing of something brewing off the coast of Africa, possibly heading toward the gulf, possibly not, but with plenty of time to collect my thoughts and get my plan of attack underway. Not Dolly! Oh no, she came out of the blue, heading straight for us, leaving me only enough time to freak out and gather as much junk and snack food as a large Rubbermaid container can hold. Now the question is, do we ride out a Category 1, possibly 2? Do we pack the dog and kids and head for dry land? What's the rule of thumb here? As I type this I am looking out at all of my lovely potted flowers and plants wondering if I need to bring them in or leave them for a neighbor to enjoy when they go flying out of my yard. I guess I need to post this and get to work. Wish us luck and we'll keep you posted....

No comments: